How can I make monthly donations?

Your monthly donation is extremely valuable as it allows us respond quickly to emergencies and to support refugees all over the world. It also helps us protect people and families in the long run. You can set up a regular payment order through online banking:  

IBAN CH62 0900 0000 1561 7329 8

In 2022, we will be offering you different options for direct debit:   

  • by credit card on our online giving platform   
  • by PostFinance direct debit form   
  • by LSV payment authorization form from your bank 
Can I donate to a specific region or program?

General donations are the most helpful because they allow UNHCR to support those most in need in countries affected by crises, even when the media is no longer talking about these crises. General donations also give UNHCR the flexibility to respond immediately to emergencies, and efficiently.   

Wanting to make a big impact? Visit our dedicated page: partnerships

Donation receipts
Are my donations tax-deductible ?

Yes, Switzerland for UNHCR is a foundation under Swiss law and is registered in Geneva. As a donor, you will receive a certificate at the beginning of the year following your donation(s), indicating the total amount of your contributions for the previous year. That amount can be included in your tax return.   

Donations to charitable organizations are eligible for tax deductions in most Cantons. Please check your Canton’s legislation to know the percentage of your deduction. 

I have not received my donation certificate

If you have any questions about your donation certificate, please contact our donor relations department. We will gladly reissue a copy.  

Please note that your certificate will include all donations made during the previous calendar year. We refer to the value date of the bank, i.e., the date on which the money was transferred into our account. If you donated at the end of December, and if your bank processed the payment after December 31, your donation will appear on the certificate for the following year. 

I have lost my donation certificate

If you have lost your donation certificate, please contact our donor relations department. We will gladly reissue a new one. 

I’d like to update my personal data, what should I do?

The donor relations department is available to help update your contact information, such as your address, phone number or e-mail address. Once the changes have been made, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.  

As a donor, what kind of communications will I be receiving ?

As a donor, you will receive stories on how your gifts support refugees. We will also keep you informed about sudden humanitarian emergencies.  

How can I update my communication preferences ?

Our goal is to keep you informed about the activities we run to support refugees. If you would like to change or reduce the amount and types of communication you receive from us, please let our donor relations department know. We will comply with your choices.  

How can I stay informed about UNHCR's work around the world and in Switzerland?

You can subscribe to our newsletter. When there is a crisis, you will be among the first to know what is happening on the ground, what UNHCR is doing to respond, and what you can do to help save lives. 

I have never subscribed to Switzerland for UNHCR’s communications. How did you get my mailing address ?

If you have never subscribed to our postal mail, it is likely that we reached out to you during a crisis. We collect names and addresses of potential donors from a mailing list rental company. You can request to be removed from our list at any time. 

If you can’t find the answer to your question in the FAQ, or if you need more information, please contact us. Our donor relations team will gladly answer all your questions:    

  • Phone: +41 22 552 78 08

(Our phone service is available from 2pm to 5pm, Mondays through Thursdays)