*Please note that as English is the main working language, all job descriptions are available only in English*
Contract Type: Permanent and full-time position
Place of work: Geneva -Other locations within Switzerland can be discussed
Starting date: As soon as possible
About Switzerland for UNHCR, the Swiss Foundation for UNHCR
UNHCR, the United Nations Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting the rights of refugees and building a better future for the millions of people
forced to flee their homes.
Since 1950, UNHCR has responded to multiple crises on different continents and has provided vital assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, internally displaced and stateless people, many of whom have nowhere else to turn. Its work was aimed at ensuring their rights, protection and assistance, preserving their dignity and well-being.
UNHCR has set up a foundation under Swiss law, headquartered in Geneva, which shall:
- Raise funds from individuals, from the private sector as well as from the cantons and communes in Switzerland and Liechtenstein in support to UNHCR's protection and assistance programs worldwide
- Raise awareness within civil society in Switzerland and Liechtenstein about the situation and needs of refugees and those forced to flee
- Engage in advocacy and activities for refugees and persons of concern for UNHCR, through media and social media campaigns, public speaking and the commissioning of research in order to facilitate civic engagement and fundraising.
To manage a growing portfolio of activities and exponential volume of supporters and donors, Switzerland for UNHCR is about to launch its independent CRM solution, Salesforce NonProfit Success Pack (NPSP), through the UNHCR customized configuration pack referred to as ‘UNICORN’.
The Foundation is currently looking for a Data Services Specialist to manage our CRM and technology platforms, lead CRM administration and be responsible for data needs such as selections, analysis made using our data warehouse, and agency data agreements.
In the newly constituted team, this position reports to the Head of the Individual Giving Unit. The Data Services Specialist will take ownership for the maintenance and further development of our data architecture set up. He /She will be the focal point for overall CRM requests from colleagues.
He/she will work closely with the CH4U Management team, the Global UNHCR unicorn specialists, the solution providers as well as subject matter experts within CH4U to deliver best in class technology according to business requirements and processes.
The role requires collaboration with multiple teams within the Foundation and national and international offices of UNHCR.
Scope of the Assignment
The Data Services Specialist will take the following responsibilities:
- CRM Administration, troubleshooting and technical support for the Salesforce database. Manage risks and issues;
- Oversee and ensure seamless data migration from other systems;
- In charge of the management and evolution of our CRM and technology platforms (including upgrades and new products);
- Manage the relationship with the CRM technology partners, UNHCR Global technical teams, peer to peer National Associations and local partners;
- Responsible for data quality, reconciliation, deduplication, selections and segmentations efforts;
- Deliver data management and support journey developments (technical aspects) in marketing automation systems;
- Manage data Warehouse and ensure its efficient evolution over time to solve business problems;
- Build (or work with external consultants to build) data reporting analysis, including financial reports, campaign analysis and statistics on private contributions to enable business owners to track performances;
- Oversee the smooth management of all payment processes. This includes automatic or manual recording of any type of contributions and their payment flag according to earmarking;
- Progressively upgrade data and payment management systems and processes to cost effective automatized and/or outsourced solutions;
- Instill a culture of data best practices and ensure high standard of donor data protection within our platforms;
- Share best practice and lead colleagues in the adequate use of the tool. Train new and existing users on the use of CRM and reporting tools;
- Ensure proper documentation of all system processes and training guides as needed;
- Stay current on all release notes and communicate any new features or changes to the team.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, professional, results-oriented individual, who is at ease evolving in startup mode in a growing organization.
- Held one or more data management positions in fundraising/Marketing, ideally for a nonprofit organization, with a minimum of 3 years total experience
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of English as well as either French or German
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of a CRM system in a marketing or fundraising context (ideally Salesforce)
- Experience of Salesforce Marketing Cloud or another digital marketing platform would be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. Adapt with multiple software systems and willing to learn new products
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and coordinating complex business processes
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and organize information, work autonomously, and use good judgment
- Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and functional skill sets.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others and display diplomatic and strong communication
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast paced and multicultural environment
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner in a demanding working condition that often functions on short-term deadlines
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Experience of defining specifications/interface documents for controlling data supply between systems and agencies
- Experience creating documentation for requirements, design, test, and training (as part of further developing our CRM systems with our vendor) an asset
- SQL skills and experience building queries to select marketing data is considered an asset; External support can be made available for the candidate to grow in this area
- Experience in business intelligence and reporting platforms (specifically Microsoft BI) is considered an asset. External support can be made available to help develop the competencies in this area.
Interested candidates can send their cover letter and CV to the Switzerland for UNHCR Foundation by email to email@example.com, until January 7th, 2022, mentioning the reference: Data Specialist
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Switzerland for UNHCR is an equal opportunity employer and proud to make diversity a strength.